Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Rouge Fatal

Red is my color. It has always attracted me. And since this week is dedicated apples, nothing fits better than also apple red nails.

After a manicure that was a little too much for me a couple of weeks ago, I decided to do something with another of the colors in the Passport to Color collection. I decided to combine OPI's Cajun Shrimp with Chanel's Rouge Fatal.
I use the Trind Nail Repair as base coat. I don't know if it is really meant to
be used as a base coat, but I think it is awesome! My nails don't break
and my nail polish doesn't start to flake off that easily. 
I still can't really make a straight line with a nail polish brush (or any other kind of brush with nail polish on it for that matter), but I'm almost starting to get a hold on making dots with a sewing pin stuck on a pencil.
The dotted line was supposed to be straight, but who cares? 
I like the contrast between the Cajun Shrimp and the Rouge Fatal. I might even do this same combination again at some other time.

9 comments:

  1. The dot is not straight? I dont care either cause it looks cool!!

    http://strawberryleopard.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this sewing pin stuck on a pencil?! That is pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't come up with it myself, I probably saw it on Pinterest or something. But it works!

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've seen that done before, using two of the same colours in different shades.. either that or I just don't go out very much hahahaa but this is brilliant!!!
    And the pin on a pencil thing.. Genius! (as Luna had said above)

    xxx

    Thia @ The Tale Thief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really care for very elaborate manicures, I think they just are too much for me, but I really like to make a little contrast on each hand.
      I'm glad you liked the use of red and coral together!

      Delete
  4. OOH fancy! I love the Chanel colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the Chanel colors! This is the most beautiful red I've ever found!

      Delete
  5. Creativity at your finger tips! Brilliant - I love that Chanel red as well.

    ReplyDelete

|