Thursday, August 29, 2013

Small treasures

I love browsing flea markets and second hand stores. Most of the time I am not interested in anything special. I just really enjoy looking at all those things that once were cherished  by someone. But sometimes I come across something I like so much I just have to get it. Or because my husband fells in love with it, as in the case of this little candle holder.
I think he secretly dreams of a situation where we lose power and he will lead the way around the
house carrying this with a burning candle stick - just like in the good, old 18th century. 
I have been looking for an ice bucket. I want one that at least looks like it is mid-century, made of crystal and with a square pattern. I haven't found the ice bucket yet, but at the market in Covent Garden I found the perfect ice tongs.
Look at the chicken feet! 
I  have no clue what kind of style it is, or when they were made. There's no stamp on them to help me identify them. I'm just happy I found them and that they now are cherished by me the way they (hopefully) were cherished by their previous owner.

Now all I have to do is to find the ice bucket to go with them. Any tip on where I should look?  

4 comments:

  1. have you tried looking on ebay or etsy for the ice bucket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. something like this?

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/95366290/vintage-lead-crystal-ice-bucket?ref=sr_gallery_34&ga_search_query=crystal+ice+bucket&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it looks wonderful! My challenge is to find something nice that can be shipped to Norway :) But I'm going to be looking for it there as well now!

      Delete
  3. I think there are some places on etsy that ship out of the US you will have to keep looking! If I find anything I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete

|